You are leaving

The website you are about to visit belongs to a third-party vendor, merchant or other entity. The content, materials and information are solely the responsibility of that provider and not Partners 1st. Be advised that you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Partners 1st FCU's website. For further information, you should read and evaluate the privacy information of that site.


You can't always be certain about the security of investments, but with an IRA through Partners 1st, you can rest easy knowing that your money is as secure and as flexible as you need it to be. An Individual Retirement Account, or an IRA, is a way to save for retirement that provides tax advantages for your savings. Partners 1st offers IRA accounts with no commission charges or maintenance fees, so you know exactly where your money is going. You may contribute any amount by payroll deduction, or you may deposit funds whenever available.

Partners 1st offers three types of Individual Retirement Accounts:
  • Popularity
    Traditional IRA
    Traditional IRAs are very popular. The appeal comes from their tax-deferred status, as well as the fact that most people with compensation qualify. You may be able to deduct part, or all, of your annual contribution on your tax return*. Additionally, you pay no federal taxes on earnings until you take withdrawals. You can even open an IRA for your nonworking spouse*.
  • Save money
    Roth IRA
    Roth IRAs are a popular alternative to the traditional IRA. In contrast to the traditional IRA, the Roth IRA does have income restrictions.* Plus, all Roth IRA contributions are with after-tax dollars.
  • Mortarboard
    Coverdell IRA
    This IRA option is chosen to help pay for your child’s higher education. All contributions are made with after-tax dollars, but withdrawals are tax-free and penalty-free for qualified education expenses.*

*Partners 1st is not a tax consultant, therefore all questions concerning deductibility or tax liability should be directed to the IRS or your tax advisor.