Prepare for College
Congratulations! Wherever you are in your higher education journey, Partners 1st will make sure you're prepared with everything from scholarships to student loans to student checking accounts.
Partners 1st can help you succeed in college by making sure you're set up with anything and everything you may need throughout your college experience. Paying student loans can be daunting, but knowing the staff at Partners 1st is behind you can put your mind at ease. Below are just a few of the offerings available to members through Partners 1st!
Partners 1st checking accounts are specifically designed for you, with great benefits such as:
- FREE Access Visa Debit Card for 24-hour access to your account
- Access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- FREE box of checks (one per year)
A student checking account through Partners 1st can help set you or your child up for financial success in the future.Learn More
Each year, Partners 1st awards scholarships in time for fall enrollment to members to help offset the cost of higher education. The Charles M. Cook Scholarship program was designed for qualified individuals who are in pursuit of educational advancement.
- Applicants must be a member of Partners 1st Federal Credit Union.
- The person or persons primarily responsible for the applicant’s support must be a member in good standing of Partners 1st Federal Credit Union.
- Applicants must be a high school senior or a full-time undergraduate student. Applicants must graduate during the current school year or have completed the requirements for graduation by the end of this school year.
- Officials, employees, spouses, and immediate family members of officials and employees of Partners 1st Federal Credit Union are not be eligible.
The Committee judges candidates on the basis of academic performance and potential as shown by high school or college records, participation, and leadership roles in extra-curricular activities; and evidence of strong character and motivation as seen in the student’s life outside the school.
Ready to apply? View the scholarship application, type out your answers in the PDF, and return by mail by May 31 to:
Partners 1st Federal Credit Union
c/o Charles M. Cook Scholarship Program
1330 Directors Row
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Get the money you need for the next step of your higher education journey! Student loans from Partners 1st in partnership with Sallie Mae® can help you cover the costs of going to college. Smart Option Student Loans are available for college students attending degree-granting institutions. *Partners 1t does not underwrite, fund or service these loans.
More flexibility, with multiple in-school repayment options with competitive fixed and variable interest rates
No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
Rewards and interest rate deductions available
Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers (Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify)
100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
Get a jumpstart on your college expenses!Get Started